Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Groom and His Men







Sam and his groomsmen were originally going to wear light grey suits but once we found the time to get to the into town to choose, Sam looked much more handsome in the charcoal and all the other boys looked pretty spiffy too. The suits are from Stanley Johns Nowra, if your looking for a suit ask for Chris (aka senor dingdong). He is very helpful.
I chose the flowers too for the men which are David Austin roses from Botanic Art in Berry, which turned out lovely.
The ties are made by the lovely Jaye from Fabled and True which we made to match the bodice of the bridesmaids dresses. I was a bit worried when I saw the faces of the boys when they first saw the ties but at the end of the day they all agreed that they were something different and went perfectly with the theme of the wedding.I heard they even fought over the tie with the most floral. Sam's tie was a little more difficult to match with my wedding dress. Luckily men don't notice much about details because when I showed Sam the tie he was wearing he didn't cotton on that my dress would be pink with white lace. What the?
Anyway I was very happy with the behaviour of the boys as they can get a little carried away at times. Who am i kidding - all the time.

I cant help but add the photographer of our wedding, Matt from Evoke Images who by the way is a kick arse photographer, was thought to be Sam's good looking cousin/good mate because he fit in so well. I had to tell numerous single girls(and some of the taken ones) at the wedding that there was no relation and that he was a married man!

Stay tuned for the next blog post about my dress and the bridesmaids dresses.

No comments: