Sunday, January 8, 2012

Me and my Bridesmaids









From left to right: Bianca, Yaz, Me, Sab(chief bm) & my sister Carly

So I have uploaded some of the many beautiful photos we have of my bridesmaids and myself.
How quickly the time came that morning to get ready and take some snaps before the ceremony.
I can sense the excitement in the last 3 photos because that was just before we made our way down to the beach. If we hadn't had the blinds shut the boys could have seen us standing inside the house.
I have to admit i saw the reflections in the many windows of the men walking down the side of the house. I tried not to look but my curiosity got the better of me.

The bridesmaid dresses arrive one week before the wedding which added to my anxiety levels. If you haven't checked out fabled and true yet i suggest you do. Their designs and choices of vintage/vintage inspired fabric are gorgeous. I gathered the measurements of my girls, told Jaye what style and she did her best to get them to me on time. I added the ribbon around the waist for a little extra detail.

For the bouquets i chose pink and white peonies, David Austin roses and a hint of babies breath.
The babies breath especially cute so i decided to add them to some randomly places vases around the house. Some of which are now drying hanging from my lounge room window.

Once again you can see that my 1958 vintage dress was very special, with its hint of pink taffeta underlay covered by the stunning but very delicate white lace and tulle that took me almost all of Thursday before the wedding to sew up holes around the hem.
It was after all the 3rd time it as being worn so you can imagine the damage.
It was oh so worth the stress!

Next up are photos of our ceremony.
.

1 comment:

.sabo skirt. said...

Wow! Beautiful bride! And your dress is also awesome. We love the lace details and the vintage fabric used. Lovely!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com